yesterday after a very good print I started the next on and encountered massive underextrusion from the first layer on. The prinlines are so thin they are barely visible. I tried a lot of diferent settings since, but both extruders underextrude with different filaments at different temps and speeds.
Did anyone encounter a similar problem?
I use a original Creatr (later version) dual extruder for about 2 years now. It is modified with spring loaded extruders, custom nozzle fans, and some other little changes here and there.
- the nozzles are unclogged. Even extruding without the nozzles is incredibly slow
- filament path is not blocked. I get the same results when feeding filament directly.
- extruder pulley is not loose. I double checke dthe grip on the axis.
- temp is stable. At least repetier says so.
- xyz axis move fine.
- both extruders show the same problem.
- tried different softwares (repetier / octoprint on raspberry), and slicers (slic3r / cura)
- tried original preset settings
Any idea is appreciated.
Hi Robert, thanks for your info. I did try to clean the hotends already before, with a 1.5mm dremel drill and a kitchen torch, but with very little success. I guess my hotends are pretty spoiled by two years of nearly continous printing so some new parts here and the wont hurt much.
I ordered two new hotends and a new fan, (as I broke one while disassembling the extruder). As soon as I get them and have them built in the printer, I'll give Info of how it worked out.
Print settings in the Creatr Software can be directly updated in under 'print'.
The latest Simplify 3D profiles can be downloaded using the following links:
Bolt - Simplify3D settings
Bolt Pro - Simplify3D settings
To use the profiles, choose File, then Import FFF Profile and be sure to select the correct profile in your process. You can also watch this video.
Request more information on the Bolt (Pro) firmware and how to update this via the Ticket System
Bolt Pro Firmware